As a standard part of our application process, local prospective students visit our school with their current grade for a day. We match visiting prospective students with a peer ambassador with which they will attend classes throughout the day. This “shadow day” helps prospective students get to know our school and their peers and allows our faculty to get to know the prospective students. The shadow day is scheduled after the parents have already toured our school.
Shadow day instructions:
- Prospective parents must submit a completed Student Visit Emergency Information Form in advance of the shadow day.
- Prospective visiting students should wear clothing which complies with our school dress code policy. Our dress code is khaki or navy blue slacks or knee-length skirt with a polo shirt in any of the following colors- white, heather grey, navy blue, light blue, burgundy or pink. Boys in K-3rd Grade are permitted to wear shorts in khaki or navy blue and students in 4th-8th grade are permitted to wear black pants or skirts. All students should wear athletic shoes. Boys are required to wear a kippah. If the student does not own dress code compliant clothing, then they should dress as closely to the spirit and modesty of our uniforms as possible.
School Dress Code Policy
- Prospective visiting students should bring a dairy and/or pareve lunch and 2 snacks. All foods which are pre-packaged and identifiable must bear a school accepted heksher. Parents also have the option of ordering a hot lunch for the day, but snacks should still be brought from home. To order hot lunch, please contact our school receptionist at 858-279-3300, ext. 100 or email@example.com.
- School begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. Prospective visiting students should arrive by that time in order to meet their student buddy by the gate between the parking lot drop-off zone and the school play yard. Their student buddy will then escort them to class.
- All students enter the campus via the gate that is located on the south side of the campus. Coming from the corner of Afton Rd. and Aero Dr., parents should turn into the 3rd driveway on the right. Parking is available in the dirt lot to the left and the drop-off lane is to the right.
- At the sound of the first bell, the visiting prospective student, accompanied by their student buddy, will join the other students in their grade to be escorted from the play yard into the school building by the faculty.
- The school day ends at 3:30 p.m. Mon-Thurs and at 2:00 p.m. on Fri. At that time, all students wait with their classmates and teacher in the pick-up area adjacent to the gate on the south side of the campus. Parents of visiting students should park in the same parking lot as the morning or use the pick-up lane to pick their child up.
Parking is available:
-In the lot that runs along the front of our building, parallel to Afton Rd.
-On the east side of Afton Rd., opposite the school.
-In the lot just south of the school.